Thursday, July 28, 2011

Midnight In Harlem

Today I am on the last leg- or to be more literal, the last arm- of my corset. All I have left to finish is the binding along the neckline and arm holes. After hours and hours of patient sewing my beautiful piece will be complete! Pictures and story to follow.

I'm listening to my parents' Crossroads DVD today as I work. My parents love Eric Clapton from Cream, to Blind Faith, to his later solo work. Growing up, I have memories of them playing blues and classical rock while we did housework on the weekends. Performing at the Crossroads festival was Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band. Now the Tedeschi Trucks Band. I haven't listened to their new album Revelator yet. But here's a favorite of mine from the Crossroads performance. Encompassing blues, soul, and rock. Beautiful.


No comments: