Monday, September 12, 2011

Art on the Square

We had beautiful weather Saturday. It was a perfect day to be out at Art on the Square with my family. The annual art event is set up around the Limestone County Courthouse, an elegant Classical Revival structure built in 1919.


Art on the Squre was started a few years ago by the AOTS Arts League and allows you to meet and talk with local artists. The day offers free art activities for children and features local painters, sculptors, metal artists, photographers, ceramicists, fiber, jewelry, and mixed media artists selling their work. It makes me happy that there is an organization in my community that places emphasis on art and offers this event to showcase the work and promote art education for children. I'm eager to get acquainted with more events and groups like this that are nearby.



I also took a moment to take photos of buildings and their details around the downtown Square.







1 comment:

kimmyschemy said...

pretty pictures! thanks for sharing.. my sister lives in Alabama, is that Decatur? by the way, i left you a KI$$, hope i get one back, thanks! i'm your new follower now..

do you mind checking out on Chelsa's Love?