Monday, August 15, 2011

Ramblings

It was a beautiful day today, as was yesterday. It almost feels like fall, definitely not like August in Alabama. A nice breeze blowing, partly cloudy sky, and low humidity. Perfect weather. I took advantage of this lovely weather yesterday and sat outside to do work on my computer. I also ate dinner on the deck with my mom. The only bad thing is that I believe there is a dead animal in the wooded lot next to ours, and the breeze keeps blowing the odor over my way.

Strangely, I'm looking forward to fall. Shh, don't tell anyone. I love summer, all the activities that go along with summer, the sun, and being warm. I didn't partake in usual summer activities this year. We are somewhat land-locked up here in North Alabama. So no ocean or beach to visit for the day. :( The only body of water I experienced was the Elk River. We went fishing on its banks with my dad for Father's Day. It was a good time. And the pool in my brother's neighborhood, but sadly only once. There's something about fall. The change of seasons always makes me nostalgic and longing for days past. It's back to school time, and I was a nerd, so it was a very exciting time of year. New wardrobe, school supplies, new friends and classes. New beginnings. This fall I hope to find a warming new energy that accompanies the cool air.

I had a nice weekend. My dad made linguini with mussels. I lovvveee mussels, and haven't had them in probably a year. We went to a family reunion and met some very distant relatives. Then took a nice scenic drive home along a portion of the Natchez Trace Parkway. I think a revisit in the fall would be nice to see the trees change colors. I took some pictures of the Tennessee countryside, and my dad and I went on a mini-hike to a waterfall.








1 comment:

Berbagi Ilmu Pengetahuan said...

wow...cool posting, i like the image

KEEP WRITE :)

visit : http://showgan.blogspot.com/